14 thoughts on “Episode 112: Mixed Nuts

1. Marin

That episode was one of the funniest ones ever! You guys are awesome! Thank you also for keeping the show free becauseI love it so so much! I usually listen to your podcast on road trips with my parents and it got me thinking that you should do an episode on gas station food: beef jerky and those random things that make every gas station smell the same like slurpees donuts? What is it? Thanks again :)

2. Cayla

Molly, I have burning questions about your pecan collecting during your youth! Were you collecting pecans during school recess? If so, were you eating the nuts on the playground? How were you shelling the pecans? (My imagination pictures you and your friend cracking the shells between rocks–or better, crushing the shells by dropping one end of the teeter-totter onto the nut) Did you use that ice-pick-end of a metal protractor to extract the nutmeats?! Man! This sounds like it was such an exciting activity!…..Or maybe you did this outside of school hours and cracked the nuts at home.

3. Kate

Congrats / thanks for four years! And for making me laugh out loud in the middle of studio and then having to explain to people that I’m laughing about alm-ews.

4. Laura

Great podcast! To answer Mathew’s question about “better” mixed nuts…become your own nut salter! I buy organic raw nuts at our food coop, make my own mix and roast them in the oven. Add oil or not, salt or not.

5. Caroline

Y’all! Molly, you had never heard of mixed nuts? I feel like they were a staple during holidays and at my grandmother’s card table! I used to eat all the pecans out of the mix. It drove my siblings crazy. Also, Mixed Nuts is a movie with Steve Martin. Don’t worry, I’ve never seen it either.

For crazy versions of mixed nuts- some companies make mixes that have fewer peanuts in them, hooray! And I think Emerald Nuts makes fancy mixes, one of which may be for pistachio lovers. Happy snacking!

1. mamster Post author

No, no, Molly has definitely heard of mixed nuts! Eaten them, even! Just not completely obsessed with them the way I am.

6. Ruby Nelson

I recognize that container because we buy them at Kroger’s too. Only we buy the larger size. It lasts us less than a week. I eat them in oatmeal, salads, and even on ice cream. No addiction here. I can stop anything I want to. LOL

7. Mike

Hey, I don’t want a monthly subscription, but would prefer to just throw you a little cash. Is that possible?

1. mamster Post author

Hey, Mike. We really appreciate the support. We’re only doing monthly subscriptions at this time, so please just enjoy the show, tell a friend, post it on Facebook, whatever you like. Thanks!

8. Heather

I have a bowl of mixed nuts in the shell on my coffee table right now! I love mixed nuts. I use one of the 70s type chip/dip bowls that has dip bowl suspended above the main bowl so the smaller bowl is for the shells. It was a Christmas tradition in my house to have mixed nuts. And my favorites are the Brazil Nuts.